At Rainbow Pages we take your privacy rights seriously. The following privacy statement has been created with this in mind and follows the requirements set out under the Privacy Act 1993.
In this policy, “Personal Information” means the same as it does in the Privacy Act 1993 (which is: information about an identifiable individual).
1. Your information
- Rainbow Pages NZ collects information about you through your use of our services and the website, including your registration details and information relating to your use of the website and our services, such as the content you access (like listings you have viewed and the search queries you input).
- Rainbow Pages NZ does not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties.
- Rainbow Pages uses the information we collect to help us provide services to you, to verify your identity, to implement our terms and conditions, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rainbow Pages NZ, our users, or others, for internal research purposes, for promoting and marketing other Rainbow Pages services to you, and for any other use that you authorise.
- We release Personal Information only when we believe release is appropriate for legal compliance and law enforcement (including to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities.). Where Rainbow Pages uses third parties to undertake services, we may provide those third parties with some of your information if it is required to fulfil those services. For example, to conduct research for us to ensure the Services we provide you are relevant and personalised to your interests. We also use third party software (such as customer relationship management, and accounting software) that holds your information, sometimes overseas. We require any third party to undertake strict precautions to protect your information against unauthorised use or disclosure.
2. Membership registration
- Our site's registration form requires you to provide us contact information and may also require demographic information. We may use your contact information from the registration form to send you information about our company. Your contact information is also used to contact you when necessary.
- It is the policy of Rainbow Pages to send our members customary business communications (payment confirmations, etc.). In addition, Rainbow Pages may send newsletters and other communications to members. Further, it is our policy to immediately remove any member from any mailing list upon the member's request. Communications from Rainbow Pages will contain clear and obvious instructions for how the member can remove himself or herself from that mailing list.
3. Managing your Personal Information
- The Privacy Act gives you the right to access and correct your information. Contact us if you wish to access or update your Personal Information, including changing your email address, password, phone number, etc.
4. Credit and debit card security
5. Cookies and local storage
- Rainbow Pages NZ uses various technologies, including cookies and local storage, to collect and store information about you when you visit Rainbow Pages.
- Rainbow Pages NZ uses "session" cookies to temporarily store information to help you use Rainbow Pages. This information is used to deliver the right content to you as you use Rainbow Pages and avoids unnecessarily asking you to log in. Session cookies expire immediately when you close your browser. Rainbow Pages NZ also uses "persistent" cookies and local storage to personalise the user experience, to help protect our members and to provide us with research information (such as how often members visit Rainbow Pages each month). Persistent cookies allow us to track users on Rainbow Pages and helps us identify users abusing the Rainbow Pages NZ service. A persistent auto-login cookie is also stored when you select the "remember me" option when logging in. The auto-login cookie is removed if you log out.
- We also allow some of our advertising clients to place remarketing cookies on your browser when you view their advertisements on Rainbow Pages NZ. This allows them to continue to show you their advertisements when you visit other sites they advertise on, or to cap the frequency with which you see their advertisements.
6. Advertising and third party links
- Products and services advertised on Rainbow Pages are not endorsed by Rainbow Pages NZ. Some Rainbow Pages advertisers may request information directly from you, or link to sites that do so. Rainbow Pages NZ has no control over its advertisers' privacy policies, and you should review such policies prior to submitting any information to them.
- Rainbow Pages contains other links to a variety of third party sites to enhance the member experience. Rainbow Pages NZ has no control of either the content or privacy policies of such sites, nor should such links be considered an endorsement of these sites except where specifically stated.
7. Other information we collect
- We use additional information to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve you and our communities. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our site or not), what device, operating system and browser you are using, and your IP address. We may also use information from third parties, such as geo-demographic information.
- Rainbow Pages NZ uses information we hold about you to provide you with a more personalised experience, such as suggesting things you might like, and suggesting search terms to you based on your recent searches. You can disable previous search terms from appearing by clicking on the "settings" icon in the search box.
- Users who log in have their IP addresses recorded. This information will only be provided to legal authorities in cases of suspected fraud or for law enforcement purposes. This information is stored securely and will not be provided to other members or non-authorised parties.
- If you choose to post messages in our message areas or leave feedback for other users, we will collect that information you provide to us.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Customer service phone conversations may be recorded for internal training and quality assurance purposes. This helps us ensure the information we provide members is consistent and accurate. Phone records will be stored securely and will generally be retained for up to six months.
8. Internet statistics and analytics
- Rainbow Pages NZ uses Google Analytics to better understand the behaviour of visitors to our website, and to improve our website. For example, it helps us to identify how many users visit a particular page, and how many take a further step. We have opted out of Google Analytics' data sharing settings. For more information, view Google Analytics' information on safeguarding your data.
- Rainbow Pages NZ uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting to give us insight into user’s behaviour, and to serve you with more relevant content. Information we collect through this reporting service is in aggregate form, and anonymous. You can opt out of Google Analytics Display Advertiser Features here.
9. Mobile applications
- If you are using one of our mobile applications, and you accept that Rainbow Pages NZ can send you "Push Notifications", you agree to receive notifications from Rainbow Pages NZ even if your Rainbow Pages NZ mobile application is not running. "Push Notification" preferences can be configured in the application's settings.
10. Updates to our information practices
- From time to time, we may make changes to our information practices or alter the functionality of our website. We will communicate all changes to you by site announcement. Occasionally urgent changes will be required, but we will generally give you at least 2 weeks’ notice to review any changes, or, for significant changes notify you directly via email. We always update this statement accordingly, so we encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on privacy practices at Rainbow Pages NZ
- If you have any questions about our privacy policies or any other matter, please contact us.